Question on Offering Mindfulness sessions to Individuals

(Michele Naphen) #1

Hi, I am new to this community and am grateful to become a part of it. I would like to know if anyone teaches mindfulness in individual sessions, or knows anyone who does? And if so, what are the fees and structure of sessions? Thanks so much, Michele

(Dr Joshua Awesome) #2

It’s a greatday! You are Welcome Michele. I use mindfulness in my group coaching and one-on-one Consultation though I do not train people in mindfulness since that is not one of my focus and work. To Your Success, Dr Joshua Awesome

(Gus Castellanos) #3

Hi Michele. I have done one-on-one mindfulness training with a number of people. These are usually those that cannot make it to an 8-week mbsr class or prefer not being in cr owds or with groups, or there was a specific question or concern they wanted to address. If you would like to discuss further let me know. Happy to discuss by phone. Gus

(Piero Falci) #4

Hi Michele,
Yes, private classes are always a possibility. You should check and see MBSR teachers close to where you live. If you would like some help finding a teacher in your area, let me know. Piero

(Priyadarshi Khare) #5

Hi Michele,

There are some tips given here:

Click on “Look inside”, search for “one-on-one teaching”, then click on “Page 149” in the search results.
It should take you to “Example 3: Improvising one-on-one teaching”, pages 157-158.

Thanks,
Khare