7-day MBSR-style retreat Oct 15-22 near Seattle with teachings on the Buddhist Roots of Mindfulness

MBSR teachers and students are warmly invited to join us in the Seattle area for our 2nd annual Roots of Mindfulness retreat October 15-22, 2017 Roots of Mindfulness Retreat Info and Registration

This silent, teacher-led retreat includes full days of MBSR practices in a lovely church camp on the water on Samish Island in Washington State’s stunning Skagit Valley. Co-taught by Certified MBSR teachers Tim Burnett and Robin Boudette. Tim and Robin are also certified Buddhist teachers. Tim is a Soto Zen priest and Lineage Holder and Robin is an Insight Meditation Community Dharma Leader.

The retreat qualifies for Center for Mindfulness teacher training retreat requirements.

This year’s Roots of Mindfulness retreat will focus on the MBSR core Foundational Attitudes, especially Beginner’s Mind with a deep exploration of the teachings of Zen Master Suzuki Roshi who’s Zen Mind, Beginner’s Mind popularized the term “beginner’s mind” which Jon Kabat-Zinn incorporated into MBSR.

A shuttle from Sea-Tac Airport is available.

Please see more about this wonderful (and affordable!) retreat here:
Roots of Mindfulness Retreat Info and Registration

There is still room in this retreat. Note that our 7-day retreats are more affordable than most other options thanks to the generosity of church camp we use.

Hi,

I saw this post too late. But will be happy to hear about similar event in area next time ;)

Kind regards,
Katka

hi Katka,

I’d invite you to join our email list here:
http://www.mindfulnessnorthwest.com/contact
We send a monthly newsletter and other updates, hopefully not too much
email.

These retreats have been really wonderful, we’re motivated to keep offering.

Best,
Tim

Rev. Tim Burnett, Executive Director
M i n d f u l n e s s N o r t h w e s t
mindfulness training, classes, and professional development
office: 360-830-6439 cell: 360-223-0687 tim@mindfulnessnorthwest.com
www.MindfulnessNorthwest.com

And we do have the two retreats like this in the Skagit Valley in 2018 listed on the website now.

see https://www.mindfulnessnorthwest.com/retreats

Warmly,
Tim