Certification question - co-teaching

Hello there - my colleague and I are both on the training track for certification, currently co-teaching our 6th & 7th MBSR class. We are getting ready to videotape our 5th class for submission with our documentation. Can we videotape showing both of us teaching or do we need to teach this videotaped session solo for purposes of our training?

Thank you. Stephanie

1 Like

Hi Stephanie. did you ever get a reply to this question? I too am co-teaching and will be videotaping class 5. And how, with what, are you videotaping? Thanks Gus

I’ll reach out to the Oasis team for the answer to this question – thank you!

1 Like

I also am interested in knowing more about the videotaping requirements for certification and also co-teach. If anyone gets good information from Oasis, please post.

1 Like

Hello there,
I have just became qualified and I am wondering if classes that are co-tought count toward certification.

1 Like

Hello there – I have inserted the response I received from Jackie at UMass below – I hope this helps.

When teaching Class 5 you should do so individually or solo, no co-teaching. Additionally the 4 audio files you submit should be solo recordings.
Please email myself or Maureen Titus directly re: TCR questions. We do not monitor cfmHOME posts. Please share this response with your colleague.

Best,
Jackie
Jacqueline Clark
Project Coordinator, Oasis Institute
Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care and Society
UMASS Medical School
222 Maple Avenue
Shrewsbury, MA 01545

Stephanie
[cid:image001.jpg@01D21F22.749C11A0]Stephanie E. Andrews, MSW, LSCSW, LCSW
Director of Program Development
Center for Professionalism and Well-Being
Children’s Mercy Kansas City
2401 Gillham Road
Kansas City, Missouri 64108
816-234-3178

1 Like

Hi Gus - I have inserted the response I received from Jackie at UMass below – I hope this helps.

When teaching Class 5 you should do so individually or solo, no co-teaching. Additionally the 4 audio files you submit should be solo recordings.
Please email myself or Maureen Titus directly re: TCR questions. We do not monitor cfmHOME posts. Please share this response with your colleague.

Best,
Jackie
Jacqueline Clark
UMASS Medical School
222 Maple Avenue
Shrewsbury, MA 01545

As far as videotaping, we plan on using our iPhones – hopefully this will be adequate – it’s all we have! ☺ Take care.

Stephanie Andrews
[cid:image001.jpg@01D21F22.AF72C850]Stephanie E. Andrews, MSW, LSCSW, LCSW
2401 Gillham Road
816-234-3178

1 Like

Thank you Stephanie!

Hello there - I have inserted the response I received from Jackie at UMass below - I hope this helps.

Best,
Jackie
Jacqueline Clark
UMASS Medical School
222 Maple Avenue
Shrewsbury, MA 01545

Stephanie Andrews
[cid:image001.jpg@01D21FAD.710964D0]Stephanie E. Andrews, MSW, LSCSW, LCSW
2401 Gillham Road
816-234-3178

Electronic mail from Children’s Mercy Kansas City. This communication is intended only for the use of the addressee. It may contain information that is privileged or confidential under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or the agent of the recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copy or disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately forward the message to the Children’s Mercy Information Security Officer via return electronic mail at informationsecurityofficer@cmh.edu and expunge this communication without making any copies. Thank you for your cooperation.

Thank you Stephanie! It is hard for me to find this information on the Oasis Institute site.

Hope to meet you sometime.

Cezanne

You are welcome. I would agree, it is challenging at times to find the right information! It would be lovely to meet someday.

Take care.

Stephanie Andrews
[cid:image001.jpg@01D21FC5.62A059E0]Stephanie E. Andrews, MSW, LSCSW, LCSW
2401 Gillham Road
816-234-3178