Certification Review Concern

Hello,

I attempted to submit my Certification Review materials the day after changes were made to the website and was unable to upload my files for several days due to a “Server Unavailable” error. The good folks at Oasis responded to my distress email by putting me in contact with IT. I sent my files to IT and on July 12th, I received the following email message:

"This message serves as confirmation of application receipt. Please retain for your records.

Program: Teacher Certification Review
Session Dates: TCR FY2017 07/01/2016 - 06/30/2017 Various

The deadline for registration is 6/30/2017. At that time, applications will be reviewed. Determinations on all applications will be emailed to the email address you have provided on this application 6 weeks PRIOR to 7/1/2016."

Noting the impossibility of the last sentence, I contacted Oasis and was told “The email you received is auto generated and the date is incorrect and needs to be fixed. Please disregard and I apologize for the confusion.”

On the previous version of the Teacher Certification Review website, it was stated that the review fee needed to be submitted at the time of application. The new version of the website does not indicate this information and because I had not uploaded my files, I was not privy to potential messages regarding fee payment. So I contacted Oasis and was told that I would “be billed when a teacher has been assigned to review your portfolio.”

And according the new version of the website:

Schedule

Please allow 4-8 weeks from time of complete portfolio submission to notification of outcome.

So here is my concern (finally). It has been a little over 4 weeks since my portfolio submission was completed and I have not been asked to pay fees yet, which means that my portfolio has not yet been assigned to a teacher. I realize that this may not be a problem and that I can still expect to receive notification of the outcome in the next four weeks BUT because of the irregularities in my submission process, it seems like a good idea to check in case my submission may have fallen through the cracks.

Kind regards,

Jan