Find a legitimate meditation group

I’m a graduate of MBSR and I am looking for advice on finding a weekly meditation group in my area that is legit and safe. I’ve tried the normal resources like searching the web, etc.

Hi Peggy, I wonder if my experience might help. I live in a rural community in Minnesota and created a weekly meditation group with great success. I began by bringing MBSR informed classes to a senior living home and the agreement with them was that I could also use this space to offer classes and create a weekly meditation for the general population. Today I have about 12 people meeting regularly on Monday’s.

Thanks so much for the idea

1 Like

Hi Peggy,

I have been able to set up a weekly online meditation circle with a few of my MBSR classmates. We have been meeting to meditate together online weekly, since 2016. If you have email addresses of your classmates, you could reach out to them, or ask your teacher to send out an email to everyone (bcc’d) to see who’s interested.

Hospitals and libraries in your area will also be interested if you are able to lead. I lead a weekly meditation session in a hospital close to where I live.

You can also look into other online meditation groups (including from our very own CFM):
Thursdays 12:10 – 12:55 PM EST by UMass Medical School CFM: Registration
Sundays 9:00 – 10:00 PM EST by Secular Buddhist Association: Link
Wednesdays 8:00 – 9:00 PM EST by Eowyn Ahlstrom, CFM MBSR Teacher: Link

Thanks,
Khare

1 Like

Thank you for the great ideas and info

Hello - CFM also offers a free weekly online meditation and brief talk for all graduates at 12:10pm EST on Thursdays. More information and a registration link can be found here

1 Like

Hi Peggy–I’m with the Krame Center for Mindfulness at Ramapo College in NJ. We are a community of meditators. Are you close by?

No I wish I was, I’m in Ft. Lauderdale, FL