Free Personal Website and Scheduling Platform for MBSR Teachers

Update 2017-Jun-7: Help our small team decide what to build next to support your needs as a teacher. Please take our 3 minute survey. Thank you in advance for your input and time!

After my own experience as a teacher and more than 40 interviews with other teachers, a common theme emerged: announcing, administering, and then managing tech for offering a class are huge headaches for MBSR teachers. To help with this challenge, a small team of us who are teachers and developers set out to create an integrated, easy-to-use (i.e., no technical skills required), and mobile-friendly platform for scheduling, accepting online payments, and student management.

After a year and a half of work, we’re happy to announce that we just went live with our platform.

There is no cost to join the platform. If you decide to accept payments online, there is a small transaction fee (3.9 percent plus 50 cents) that you can choose to pass along to students or have deducted from your earnings. This transaction fee is due to standard CC processing fees and also on-going costs for keeping the system running. For right now, online payment functionality is limited to those in the US, however, we’re trying to expand that soon as well as add other features.

Our goal is to help support teachers and further wellness education and access for everyone. Our small group is proud of our public benefit mission. May this be of benefit.

11 Likes

Thank you for this, Gus

Thanks, Gus! I hope you find it useful!

What a generous offering, Alex. I’m sure it will be of help to many
teachers around the globe. Loved the picture of you all on the home page.
Wishing you all the best with this new endeavor!

Hi,

Thank you for your thoughtfulness and generosity. I would like to have your permission whether i can use it as my private practice website? I am a counsellor and starting mindfulness teacher who has just started my private practice.

Jacqueline, thanks for your question. Yes, you are welcome to use it however it might be helpful.

Thank you Eowyn. Hope all is well in MA.

Alex ,

Thank you again for your generosity:) Much appreciated.

Congratulations to Offering Tree. I’m looking forward to investigating it as an option for my personal website. Thanks Alex for sharing!

Jill - thanks for the note.

Hi everyone, I just updated the original post. Our small team would love input and feedback from the teaching community about what features we should build next that will most serve the needs of the teaching community. If you have 3 minutes, please take our short survey. Thank you in advance!

Thank you so much Alex.

Update 2018-May-29: Quick note to mention that a newsletter capability has been added to OfferingTree’s core features :) Also, since the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDRP) went live on May 25, 2018, we can’t offer service to those located in the EU and EEA – very sorry to our EU and EEA colleagues – until our tiny team can meet the new requirements. Thanks for your patience as we work towards this goal.