Is there time enough between Petaluma training in Feb and TDI in May

I had to defer my 9-day Fundamentals last spring due to a death in the family. I am now attending the Petaluma training in Feb.
My question is, I would really like to get back on track to take the TDI in Snowmass this Spring, but that’s only 3 months in between.
Does anyone know if I will be able to do the TDI so soon? What are the requirements between Fundamentals and TDI?
Where can I find this information?
Thank you,
Lisa Lowe

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for your message, and sending condolences for your loss.

Please have a look at the information here:
http://www.umassmed.edu/cfm/training/MBSR-Teacher-Education/

where many of your questions are answered.

When you are reviewing that info, bear in mind that what you are referring
to as the TDI is now called the PTI (MBSR Practice Teaching Intensive)

As to future, PTIs, yes, there will be courses in the Fall and next year.
They will be posted to our website when applications open. Best thing is to
be on our email list so that you recieve a notification when that happens.

Please be in touch again if you have further questions.

Kind regards,
Eowyn

Hi Eowyn,
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, the Teacher Education online page that you suggested does not contain the information I’m looking for, which is why I am reaching out to you.

I would like to know if between the February Fundamentals training and the PTI in May, there will be other requirements, such as another silent, teacher-led retreat, etc.

The online page does not say anything about that. However, in the materials I received from last May, when I thought I would be attending the Fundamentals in Snowmass, I discovered that we will be asked to teach at least 3 “introductory to mindfulness” offerings prior to applying for the PTI.

Since that is not stated on the website, I thought I would reach out and ask if there are other requirements as well, that may not be listed on the website.

Knowing this information will help me plan my work schedule for the next few months so that I can arrange to take time off in May for the PTI, if that seems feasible.

Thanks so much for your time and care Eowyn.

Hi Lisa,

Pls forgive the delay in my response, full schedule lately… And, thanks
for clarifying your question. Your understanding is correct. If you take
the Feb Fundamentals, you can apply for the PTI in May. Teaching three
introductory mindfulness courses is the necessary step in between.

Kind regards,
Eowyn

I was not aware of the requirement to teach 3 introductory to mindfulness courses prior to the PTI. I have not heard of that. I’m doing the mbsr silent retreat next week at Shambala Mtn Center and then will need another silent retreat before applying for PTI. I’ve done all the other courses: 8 week mbsr as a student, 7 day professional training, and nine day practicum. I’ve taught several 4 week introductory courses for college students and one 4 week course for my community. Do these intro courses have to be taught in a certain sequence in the oasis training pathway and must they contain specific elements in terms of content and hours? My courses for college students were done in 2014 and 2025. My course for my community was done in October and November of 2016. I’m excited about getting closer to being MBSR qualified but would appreciate clarification on what’s next for me. Should I do the 2nd silent retreat or teach an introductory course? Many thanks, Judy

Hi Judy, The Oasis administrative team will be in touch with you to help you navigate the particulars of your training process. Kind wishes, Eowyn