Last Chance to Register for Next Week's Compassion Training for Caregivers - Healthcare Providers, Educators, Parents, and Other Caregivers - July 25-28th

Back by Popular Demand!

This program, developed as a research-based compassion training program at Emory University, has proved meaningful for educators and healthcare providers interested in strengthening their commitment to help students and patients while avoiding unsustainable levels of stress and burnout . CBCT® is currently being taught in 16 Atlanta, Georgia public schools as a component of a highly successful teacher retention program, and has also been taught in school systems in Colorado, Mexico City, and Illinois.

You can learn more and register on our website: https://www.chacmc.org/workshops/#cbct

If you have any questions or need help registering, please feel free to contact us!

CBCT® (developed by Professor Lobsang Tenzin Negi of Emory University) has been shown to reduce stress levels, improve overall health and well-being, and increase a sense of connection with others.

CBCT® incorporates a series of meditation techniques to strengthen mental stability, deepen awareness and understanding of thoughts and emotions, and support the growth of our inherent capacity to care for others.

The aim of CBCT® is to provide a secure ground for maintaining a genuine connection and responsiveness to others while protecting against the all-too-frequent effects of empathetic distress, burnout, and secondary trauma common among those in care-giving professions and for parents.

CBCT® is currently being taught in 16 Atlanta, Georgia public schools as a component of a highly successful teacher retention program, and has also been taught in school systems in Colorado, Illinois, and Mexico City.

Meditation experience is recommended for this training.

Quotes from Past Participants:
“The time I spent reflecting on the CBCT practices added solace to my day, insights into problem solving with compassion, and most importantly self-care.” -Grade 5-6 teacher

“After participating in] CBCT with Tim Harrison at CHA, I began to incorporate compassion practices into my daily meditation. CBCT is part of what this world needs now more than ever.” -Family Physician and MBSR Instructor

Instructors:

Timothy Harrison, Emory University and Suzanne Westbrook

Date:
July 25-28, 2019

Time:
Thursday: 6 pm – 9 pm
Friday: 9 am – 5 pm
Saturday: 9 am – 5 pm
Sunday: 9 am – 4 pm

Center for Mindfulness and Compassion Community Space, 1035 Cambridge Street, Suite 21A, Cambridge MA

Registration Cost: $650

Minority and need-based scholarships available:[www.chacmc.org/scholarship]

CE​ Credit​s available for Nurses, Social Workers and Psychologists for $100

​M​​inority and need-based scholarships available, apply at: www.chacmc.org/scholarship

cmc@challiance.org | 617-591-6132

1 Like