Learning How to Dwell in a Place: A Practice in Decolonization

Dear MBSR Community,

I had the great honor to be in conversation with Dr. Leny Strobel (www.lenystrobel.com) and Dr. Bayo Akomolafe (www.bayoakomolafe.net) during our 3rd part of a series on Revolutionary Wellness Talk Radio on the practice of decolonizing whiteness which will air this Thursday at 2 p.m. Pacific.

If you are interested in tuning in you will hear about how White privilege shows up in our relationship to everything and how it is a symptom of profound social and political conditioning with deep historical roots. We talk about why it is significant to begin the process of decolonization as an antidote to our challenging times and converging crisis as well as how the process of decolonizing whiteness can be accessed within and throughout our relationship to every aspect of our lives and so has the potential for profound healing on a global level.

According to Tita Leny and Bayo it’s about ancestral recovery, “finding the roots of the self”, the re-sacrilization of one’s life, “seeing beauty”, building community, “engaging in rituals of grief”, challenging Whiteness, “shifting ways of seeing” and so much more…

If interested in listening in you can tune in at this link at 5 p.m. Eastern time today (Thursday) or on demand after it airs: http://bit.ly/2spThpo

Kind regards,
Rochelle

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing this Rochelle. Very interesting. I will need to find the time to listen to Parts I and II (and many other episodes on the site).

Karen

Thank you Karen. I have learned so much over the course of this past 15 months producing this show. I hope the conversations are of value.