Live Online 8 Week MBSR Course from CFM

Hello. I have a few questions and I hope you can help answer these. I am interested in teacher certification.

1. If I take the Live Online 8 week course from CFM, am I correct in thinking that I would not need to take the Mindfulness Tools 5 day intensive?

2. I just missed the Orientation for the Live Online 8 week CFM course (starting Jan 24th). Is there any way to still join in that course? If not, when will the next online 8 week course be offered? I did not see any information on the Oasis website.

I am trying to grasp the initial steps required on the path to certification and how to best work it in with my existing job teaching school in rural Wyoming. I am very excited to begin.

Thank you for your time.

Michelle

Hi, Michelle. Just answered in another thread you posted, there are still openings for online MBSR and it is one of the pre-requisite options for Fundamentals:

Pre-requisites

• MBSR 8-Week Course in one of the following formats:
    •8 Week in-person course at CFM or in your area.
    •MBSR 8-Week Live Online from the CFM
    •MBSR Online via Sounds True and Mindfulness Tools (both)

• Retreat #1

• Minimum of one year of personal meditation practice

When you say 1 year meditation practice, does that mean after the 8-week course? I’ve been meditation for 40 yrs and using meditation and awareness in my therapy practice for years?

I’m pretty sure they mean one year prior to beginning the Fundamentals course, which you’d be well over!

Hi, Liza. Michelle has it right – if you’ve been meditating for 40 years, you’re probably good for that requirement!

Oh great!
Thanks very much!
Liza