MBSR in Mind-Body Medicine (DM-100)

Hi,

I have received the CFM qualified MBSR teacher designation (PTI/SR 402 completed Feb 2017), and completed Fundamentals/SR 401-9D in July 2012. I have yet to take the MBSR in Mind-Body Medicine (DM-100) course, and am not clear on if there is a particular deadline/timeline in which I have to complete this course…if I am pursuing the certified MBSR teacher pathway.

If I am interpreting the below statement posted on the Teacher Training web page accurately, it appears I do not have a timeline to complete this course:

“Between now and December 31, 2018, MBSR in Mind-Body Medicine (DM-100) formerly SR-FLEX, will remain where it is in the Teacher Education (TE) pathway as a requirement that has flexibility in terms of when it can be completed.”

Is this an accurate assumption?

Best,
Nick

I am also wondering – is the DM-100 a prerequisite for certification, or since I have completed SR-401 and SR-402…do I now just need to complete SR-403 and SR-404 (Group and Individual Supervision) and SR-405 (Teacher Certification Application/Portfolio)?

Hi Nick,

This is a GREAT question, and I’m going to have an administrator move it to the Oasis area, since I know others will also have this question.

You will need to complete MBSR in Mind-Body Medicine before you apply for certification. It can be at any time before that–but it’s a required step in certification. What we know is that DM-100 is actually well-received at any time in the teacher trajectory. When you take it as a more experienced MBSR teacher you see different layers of inquiry going on, watching experienced teachers work with large groups in skillful ways, and clearly demonstrate the ethos of MBSR in beautiful ways.

I hope this explanation is helpful.

Warmly,

Lynn

Thanks Lynn for the clarification.

Best,
Nick

Nicholas Vasilis Karayannis
Distinguished Gentleman, Dudely Lama
Oakland, CA, USA
Mobile: (650) 388-0913
LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/nicholas-v-karayannis-8abaa252/ | Twitter https://twitter.com/DrNickVK