MBSR training

Hello, I apologize if this question has already been posed. I am hoping to be trained in MBSR so I can implement it with military veterans as part of a funded research study. I understand that I will need to complete SR-401 MBSR Fundamentals in order to be able to do this. Is completing SR-402 required as well? Unfortunately travel is somewhat limited on my part. Funds are limited as well. Any information would be most welcome…

Hi, Lorig. To teach MBSR you must complete SR-402 MBSR Practice Teaching Intensive; after that is successfully completed you would be a Qualified MBSR Teacher.

Hi, Lorig, one additional note – there is more than just the PTI to become qualified, there are retreats and other programs as well. More information can be found on the MBSR Teacher Training web page.

Great! thank you so much. I have started looking into different 8-week MBSR courses and 5-7 day retreats in my area to begin my training. Is there a way that I can I be sure that the MBSR course and retreats I enroll in meet the criteria for SR-401? For example, do the courses/retreats have to be taught by individuals who have completed training at the CFM? Any information would be most welcome

1 Like

Hi, Lorig. Thank you for checking! The website has all the information you’re asking, please take a look there for a listing of what matches the necessary criteria.

Dear Ted, can you please tell me to whom I can address myself to check by e-mail my mindfulness curriculum and see which are the next steps in order to get certification? Thanks for your help. Laura

Hi, Laura. I let the Oasis team know your interest and have asked them to reach out to you.

Thank you very much Ted, have a good day