Mindful Walking: Pilgrimage of El Camino de Santiago, Spain (A Kinder Camino)

"…even before you sat down with them,
broke bread and drank wine,
wiped the wind-tears from your eyes:
pilgrim they called you again. Pilgrim.”
—David Whyte, from Camino

Reunite body, mind, and spirit through transformational and sacred travel, and connect with fellow seekers while walking the famed pilgrimage trail, El Camino de Santiago, Spain, September 17-26, 2017.

Embark on a pilgrimage to discover something new about yourself. It isn’t so much a choice you make, as a response to a call already whispered to you. In the experience of encounter with unfamiliarity, you are able to move out of your assumptions, expectations, and preconceived ideas, as a new way of seeing yourself and the world emerges.

This unique, slow-paced walking pilgrimage explores the little known parts of El Camino, following Spain’s dramatic coastline while building community, engaging ritual, practicing sacred silence, and opening to personal encounters with local people and stunning landscape.

What to Expect on this Pilgrimage…

Even before you arrive in Spain, we prepare you fully for this once in a lifetime experience. You can expect to get to know fellow pilgrims before your arrive in Spain, building a safe and supportive community. You will receive a comprehensive and customized training schedule to build confidence and to nurture you in every way. Our pilgrimage newsletters and comprehensive materials offer you an ‘insider’ and unique perspective, preparing you fully for this epic journey.

Lodging is in charming countryside farmhouse inns. Enjoy regional-delicious Spanish meals. Walk at a snail’s pace with the support of a private van (loaded with healthy snacks) to transport luggage and heavy backpacks and for a ride whenever we want, which means you get to really enjoy the scenery. A ‘Lazy Day’ or Sabbath Rest Day is included to give you plenty of time to savor your transformational journey.

About the Landscape…

We’ll explore the little known pilgrimage route along Spain’s northern coastline of Galicia, from Santiago de Compostela to Muxia and Finisterra, the ‘end of the world’, where the cliffs plunge steeply into the western sea and the sun disappears each evening. We leave the bustle of the stunning and lively medieval city of Santiago de Compostela, entering the fullness of the rural landscapes of high plateaus, forested tracks, and country villages. Breathtaking coastal trails and headlands, await us as our pace slows to that of centuries of sea faring life. Upon reaching Finisterra, you can collect your Fisterrana, a certificate of completion of this epic pilgrimage, an added bonus!

Why Private Van Support for this Pilgrimage?

This is a 10-day walking pilgrimage, fully supported with a private van, sets it apart and makes it accessible to all. Our private van is loaded with cold drinks, for starters, and plenty of healthy snacks. Extra maps in case you’ve left yours behind. Sunscreen, band-aids, a bit of coaching on technique, if you want it—plus free moral support are always available. And, of course, a comfortable seat if you’d like a lift, whether to the top of the next hill, the nearest village with a shady square, a local cafe, or all the way back to our charming country farmhouse inn, where there’s a comfy chair with your name on it. Whatever kind of support you’re looking for, this pilgrimage will deliver it.

What People Are Saying…
• “The scenery is spectacular and the beautiful rhythm of walking the Camino is truly revelatory.”
• “To walk the Camino my own way empowered and stretched me into new horizons, safely and in community….”
• “Everyday was a feast for the senses…”
• “I am venturing home with my heart burst wide open, full of hope and possibilities. I am deeply grateful.”

Register here: www.leadsmartcoaching.com/events