Mindfulness as a viable business enterprise

Hi all,

I am thinking of changing my career track to one as a MBSR facilitator. Specifically, I would like to offer MBSR-esque workshops and trainings in the corporate sector as part of HR/Employee Wellness programmes. I am having some anxiety however, as I am not sure there is a market for it here in the Caribbean.

Has anyone on here made this a career path? I would really love to talk to someone and hear about their experiences when starting up.

Hi Makeda,

I don’t know very much about the Caribeean market. I am however, in a similar situation to yours. | am changing my career path too. I work with languages at the moment and I wish to add another string to my bow and become a MBSR teacher.

I am building my project with the help of a career advisor. I’m doing some market research and interviewing MBSR professionals.

Do you read French? If you do, I could forward the templates that I have created.

All the best,

Belen

Hi Belen :)

Thanks so much for responding and for your generous offer. It is very kind of you. I am afraid I don’t read French however…do you think we could have a videochat? I would love to talk to you and just hear of your experiences…

I like your approach of interviewing MBSR professionals -where did you find people to speak to?

Hi again,

My careers advicer asked me to do the questionnaires in order to have a solid project that my former employer would approve and pay for. I have contacted two professionals who live in Lyon, and I also intend to go on the CFM (Paris) Partner centre website: https://www.association-mindfulness.org/

I don’t know how live chat works but I would be delighted to chat to you. I’ve been looking for an icon or Something on the cfm page but couldn’t find anything. There’s also the issue of time difference. Where are you based? Here in Lyon/Paris is 17.56.

Let me know when it would be convenient for you to chat, and where to find the link to start a chat.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Hi hi :)

Thanks so much for sharing this information with me.

You are right - I do not think there is a video or chat icon here on this page.

And you bring up the good point of the time difference…hmmm…

Let me think about this for a while and get back to you. I will definitely check out the link you provided - thanks again.

You are fortunate in that you a have a mentor to support your transition. I am still feeling my way around…but I will be sure to reach out again if I get stuck!

1 Like