Mindfulness Retreat in Historic Cape May, NJ, America's Oldest Beach Resort, June 14-16, 2017

About this retreat by the sea….

Based on the work of the American writer, Parker J. Palmer and the Center for Courage & Renewal, this two-day-midweek mindfulness retreat explores issues of transition, vocation, life passion, purpose, meaning, direction, relationships, and underlying life patterns, to live in alignment with one’s deepest values and the courage to act with integrity and authenticity. In a safe, quiet, nurturing, and confidential environment, this retreat promotes reflection, clarity and insight. Guided by core principles and practices, which include the belief that everyone has an inner teacher, an inner source of truth, we will engage in mindfulness practices to support personal and societal transformation. The retreat promotes self-awareness, understanding, inner resilience, and trust, and offers the supportive community , as well as time for quiet personal reflection.

During the retreat, we explore poetry, prose, music, gentle guided movement, video, journaling, stories from various wisdom traditions, periods of silence, and mindfulness meditation practices. The retreat includes periods of silence and quiet self-reflection, large and small group discussions, deep listening through a version the Quaker process of the clearness committee. Enjoy spacious time on the beach and at historic seaside inn in Cape May, New Jersey, as well as much laughter and lightness.

Space is limited. Register at www.leadsmartcoaching.com/events

Hi Valerie, so wonderful to read of you bringing Mindfulness to my hometown! I grew up in Cape May and think it is a perfect time to be there-preseason. It does not say where you are holding this–a hotel or B&B? The beach is a great resource-ahhh.

Thanks Meg! Here are the details…Please join us! I didn’t realize you are from Cape May. What a lovely place….one of my favorites!

LeadSmartCoaching_CourageBytheSea_Flyer.pdf (1.76 MB)

Oh, wonderful! You are staying at the Chalfonte Hotel–one of the sweetest historic hotels. They used to have a renowned Sunday breakfast. It will be a memorable weekend for sure! Have you taken the historic Community Arts tours? They show areas where I grew up. Lovely to think of you there…

I have not taken the tour….do you have a website for the tour?

Here you go! I went to an elementary school nearby that has since been torn down and lived at one edge of the neighborhood that they tour. My parents had a store there for decades. Enjoy!

http://www.centerforcommunityarts.org/community-history