Mindfulness Tools Curriculum Outline?

Hello everyone,
I did not take the mindfulness tools program as part of my qualification, and am interested to know the content. Can anyone share an outline for the materials they received?

May we all be at peace.
Z

Hi Zac,

The Mindfulness Tools content is, in essence, the same as for the 8-week program, albeit without the time, week to week, to fully engage with daily practice. Still, all the practices are unfolded in the five days, along with inquiry and dialogue in small and large groups.

Originally conceived as a way for participants who did not live near an 8-week program, attendees also may be people who are looking to deepen their practice or have more of a residential experience of the program. Here’s the website which also might help orient this program: http://www.umassmed.edu/cfm/mindfulness-based-programs/mbsr-courses/mindfulness-tools/

Hope this is helpful, Zac.

Kind regards, Lynn

Hi Lynn!

Thank you for your response! I am being tasked with creating a staff-wide
Mindfulness Tools-like program starting next fall and am interested in
knowing how to reformat the 8-week program to accommodate the limited time
(six weeks, 1.5 hours sessions, no homework, half-day retreat) with
integrity and spaciousness. I’ll let you know how it goes! :)

All the very best,
Zac

Thanks for more background, Zac. Sounds like a fun and inspiring project. One caveat, that I already appreciate in your note, regarding this as a “Mindfulness Tools-like” program. In fact, the title, “Mindfulness Tools,” is a copyrighted by our Center and by the University of Massachusetts. Therefore, from a legal perspective, the University takes these matters seriously in terms of defending their copyrighted intellectual property. I do not hear that you are wishing to use this title, but it feels important to just mention, given the proliferation of all kinds of mindfulness programs, and especially since Mindfulness Tools can be taken as one component of the MBSR teacher pathway.

It is entirely fine to say that whatever you create is based on the 8-week MBSR program or adapted from the program. And I like exactly how you are naming this tension: Holding the integrity and the spaciousness! Beautifully put… and truly, I hope it is fun for you–and your future participants.

All best, Lynn

Hi Lynn,
Thank you for the clarification. I will not be using the copyrighted title
"Mindfulness Tools" for our program here. As you correctly interpreted,
this is a short-hand for speaking about an condensed or abridged
MBSR-inspired course. We will most likely use a Hebrew term like “Avodat
Ha’Lev” – Service of the Heart, or something to that effect.

Take good care.

Z

How beautiful! And I will be thinking of you when I return to Earthrise next March, with Carolyn and Kasim.

Warm wishes, Lynn