Newcomer to MBSR 8 Week Online Course

Hi, Trent. Yes, continue with the same home assignments from Session 6, those still apply.

Thanks Ted…you really cleared that up for me…I was continuing with
the Session 6 instructions…I suppose the All Day merges with Session
6…your clarification helps greatly…

I’ll be curious to hear from you after the full course, Trent, please keep in touch!

Ted…most certainly I will be in touch…you’ve provided valuable
support along the way. We stopped by the Center during a vacation this
Summer and were lucky enough to visit some with Saki. That happened after
Session 3. We have been fortunate to have had contact with you and Saki
along the journey. The “trail magic” has appeared — adding to the
pleasure and wonder of the whole experience.

1 Like

Hi Ted,

I finished the MBSR 8 Week Online Course.

In general, I feel as though my body and mind were given a chance to wake up. Even though I had a meditation and yoga practice prior to taking the course, it lacked the focus that I gained through the course.
oing to
I have some new tools as well in regards to approaching life with awareness, engaging in self-care, and in relating to others. At the conclusion of the session, I felt as if there was going to be more that would be revealed in the coming days…as if seeds were planted that have yet to surface.
The level of learning has allowed me to begin to create my own practice based on what I see to be helpful.

Hi, Trent. Thank you for sharing your experience, and that the program is having a positive impact on your life. This can be a gradual unfolding with bumps and turns along the way, and patience can be a very good friend along the path.

I have noticed a waking up in many ways. The first key awareness was waking up to my body. The first experience with the body scan put me in touch with my physical awareness…I didn’t even know that I was so out of touch. I think that gaining bodily awareness has given my body a new chance to engage in healing.

Also, joining a healing community has put me on a new path.

Trent, do you have a local community with which you could practice? Curious if that’s an option for you, as it can be very helpful to have the presence of others to sustain and grow.

Ted…I live in the Austin, Texas area and there are a few options for
meditation practice. I have visited the Austin Zen Center, Appamada,
Shambala Center, and a more free-form sitting group.

However, MBSR community seems rather limited. We sure could use a build up
of MBSR practitioners here. Maybe you have some suggestions about MBSR
based groups in Texas.

I have become partial to the MBSR approach.

I am planning to come up to Mass at some point to participate in an All Day.

Thanks for your continued support.

There is a Certified MBSR Teacher listing we’re going to put on the main website soon, and there are a few teachers in TX – in Galveston, Houston, and Dallas. There may be many more programs nearer to you, these are the teachers who’ve been fully certified to teach by the CFM.

Thanks Ted.

This will help especially with finding all day or longer retreat opportunities.

The fact that they are fully certified is highly critical for me. High quality teaching is precious and a personal requirement.

The benefits of MBSR are so extensive, that I am truly amazed that access isn’t more wide spread…I am having to face a level of acceptance about this.

I have been contemplating certification as well since I now know the the healing possibilities that are available.

Hi, Trent. Resonating very strongly with your words about access being somewhat limited. We’re in a time of great growth, opportunity, and risk for mindfulness in our society, and care for the integrity of what we find most beneficial is critical.

Hi Ted,

The demand is incredible. I work at a public high school, and there is
great interest among staff and students to employ mindfulness.

The attitudes have changed greatly from last year to this year the interest
is building. A few teachers are using mindful breathing practice with
students as they transition to class. I use the practice as a school
counselor with students. At this point, my primary focus is using mindful
breathing with students.

On a personal note, I realize that I will have to travel in order to
continue to gain the benefits of the MBSR experts.

The sense of community is more global than local.

Hi Ted,

I just used the teacher search tool…thanks for creating that feature.

I also continued to follow your advice to use Meetup to find a local group…a PhD student started one and I attended last Monday.

The healing path continues to unfold as my practice continues. So fortunate.

Hi, Trent. Glad you like the new Search, we’re very pleased with the response we’ve been getting and that we can support our certified teachers in this way.

Oh, glad to hear about the Meetup! I’ll want to hear more about your experiences as time unfolds.