Next step for teacher training? Took online live 8 week MBSR

Good morning,

I took the online live 8 week MBSR course through CFM. At the completion of my class I asked about the next step/class in the teacher training process and was directed to the Oasis Institute teaching training info page. I could not figure out what my next step was so I put it on the back burner. I would like to continue toward teacher certification, however I am still not sure what the next class is that I need to take.

Would it be:

1. Retreat #1
    then
  2. SR-401-9D MBSR Fundamentals - 9 Day

Could I please receive clarification if these would be the order of my next two steps? FYI, I do not live near in-person training and would need to come for the 9 Day intensive.

Thank You,
Michelle

Hi Michelle,

From my understanding, you’ll have to attend a 5-7 day silent retreat. That forms part of the pre-requisites for the teacher training programme. So, once you have completed the (1) 8 week MBSR course 2) have at least a year of meditation practice and 3) attended a teacher-led 5-7 day silent retreat, you are eligible to apply for the teacher training programme.

I am in a similar situation. I completed the online MBSR 8 week programme, and have just registered to attend a 6 day silent retreat. After that I’ll apply for the teacher training programme.

I don’t live in the States so I’ll have to attend the 9 day teacher-
intensive. So that’s an option. Other than that there is a 8 week option with sessions it looks like twice a day.

It was REALLY confusing for me to understand at first and I keep checking the website to make sure I’ve got it right. You can find more info here: http://www.umassmed.edu/cfm/training/MBSR-Teacher-Education/

Or you can try emailing them as well. Hope this helps!

Hi Makeda,
Nice to see you here.
I have a similar situation. Like you, I just finished the 8 week SR 201. And I need to book the next step which is a 5-7 silent retreat. I missed the registration for the one in August with Eowyn in MA. The next one available is in November which is quite a while away. So I’m looking for something in August, or September. I put my name in the waiting list for August, but I doubt I will get an open spot.
If you find something would you kindly let me know?
Thank you,
-Inge

Hi Inge,

Nice to “see” you on here as well! I’ll be at the retreat in August with Eowyn. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that a space opens up for you!

Will you be logging in to Ted’s practice circle thing on Sunday?

Hi Makeda,

I’m glad you got registered for the August retreat. You must have registered early.
I don’t have any hope that I will get in, but thank you.
I’ll have to register for the one in November…
Thank you for reminding me about the meditation circle that Ted leads.
Do we have a link to login?

Take good care of yourself and I hope to see soon,

-Inge

Inge Gómez-Michel
NCSC Certified Court Interpreter
English<>Spanish

IngeGomezMichel.com
Member ATA, NAJIT, NLSC
Cell: 401-499-6136

“Happiness is simply the knowing of our own being as it is”
-Rupert Spira

Hi hi :)

The link for the practice circle is:

Next session is today - Sunday 23rd July.

It’s the 2nd and 4th Sunday of every month.

Hope to “see” you there!

Makeda