Question RE: Mindfulness Tools Requirement

Hi there, I am a prospective student, with a question/clarification related to the Mindfulness Tools part of the class (I would be doing that along with the Sounds True online MBSR course.)

The website states the following:

“*Note: If you do not have a live 8-Week MBSR class in your area, participation in the MBSR Online course offered through Sounds True plus participation in the Mindfulness Tools Program fulfills this prerequisite. If you are choosing this option and intend on applying for the 9 Day Practicum in MBSR, you must take Mindfulness Tools Program as a stand-alone course first. The embedded Mindfulness Tools portion of the 9 Day Practicum in MBSR does not count toward this prerequisite.”

If I am understanding this correctly, it means that I have to take the Mindfulness Tools by itself… and then at a later date take the 9 Day Practicum which has the Mindfulness Tools portion embedded into it? Basically, it sounds as though I would be required, technically, to take Mindfulness Tools twice. Is this correct, or am I confused?

Any reliable feedback is appreciated, as I would like to fully understand course requirements.

Thank you in advance!

Thanks for your message, and yes, Marjorie, you have understood correctly.
Kindly, Eowyn