Recent MBSR attendee

Recent attendee/graduate of evening MBSR program.
Only a couple of weeks post MBSR program ending, I still find it challenging to engage in extended daily meditation practice - especially the body scan.
I really enjoyed and miss the weekly extended group sitting.
I do find it most helpful in attending Monday evening meditation session. It seems that a group setting, at least for me, has a more inward reaching effect.
Has anyone else have a similar experience.
John R.

Hi John-

I, too, am a recent MBSR graduate and I’m still having trouble setting aside time to do extended daily practice. I miss extended weekly group and have been going on Monday nights to feel reconnected.

I am actually starting to notice old habits and thought patterns from before the MBSR class returning. I had been trying to make time in the evenings for practice, but now think I need to try and get it in when I first wake up. Otherwise, there are too many other obligations that get in the way.

Katie

Hi Katie:

What group were you in ? I was in the Tuesday evening session. Perhaps I will see you on a Monday evening session and we can discuss more. I do wish the group session was extended and included the MBSR exercises.

I picked up a book by Jon Cabot-Zin entitled “Wherever you go, there you are”, and which is a good treatise on Mindfulness.

Not sure where you are located, but I found this quasi Walden pastoral setting in Shrewsbury (off Route 20) not far from the Mindfulness Center. Very serene, with quotes from Thoreau on trees, wind chimes, waterfall, etc. It is, to me, a good reminder to be in the moment.

John

Hi John-

I was in the Thursday night group. It already seems like a lifetime ago!

I have also been reading back through several mindfulness books with a new perspective.

I live on a lake and I’ve been enjoying watching nature come back to life with all the returning birds.

Katie