Recommendations for 3-months retreats

Dear CFM community,

Hello, I am interested in attending a 3 months silent mindfulness meditation retreat. I live in Mexico and I haven’t found a center here that offers them so I am willing to travel abroad to sit. Do you have recommendations of centers in the US or other countries that offer these retreats?

Thank you for your time and attention in reading this.

Warmly,
Tere

Look into the Insight Meditation Society, which has some of the best vipassana teachers in the US — the teachings will significantly inform the teaching of MBSR! I have been there for a two-month retreat and not only highly recommend it, but want to join you for a full three-month course!! Best wishes for peace and ease,
Jonas

Thank you so much Jonas, I will definitely check their retreats! I really appreciate your recommendation, please do join me!
Also my best wishes for awareness and peace for you,
Tere

In addition to the classic 3 month retreat that takes place every fall at IMS, you can also check out the Forest Refuge side of IMS, They have essentially one ongoing retreat, with the teachers changing every few weeks or so. So, you can essentially arrive at any time and stay as long as you like (provided that you meet certain criteria). Some have stayed there for years!
Good wishes :)

Hi Alicia, thank you for this recommendation. I already registered for a month and a half retreat at IMS at the end of this year. I will not be able to sit for 3 months due to work issues, but hopefully next year. I will definitely check the Forest Refuge options and criteria, it sounds like a very nice place.
Take care!
Warm regards,
Tere

Sounds great! And, if you’re up for shorter retreats, Spirit Rock also does a 2 month retreat every spring (that some people attend for the 2 month period or cut it in half for a one month period). Hope you find whatever works best for you!