Research Assistance

Hello Friends,
I am currently teaching a year-long Mindfulness class at Lynbrook High School. I feel so blessed and lucky to be able to bring this to my students and planting seeds. The most inspiring part of it all, is that one of my current students who is in an advanced placement Science Research class wants to do his Intel Science Research Project on the effectivesness of MBSR. Please take a look at his email below and if you or know of anyone who can possibly offer some info or even some leads to this wonderful student, I would be very grateful.

Best,
Deborah DeBetta
MBSR Teacher (certification pathway)

My name is Andrew Cohen and I am currently a Junior, enrolled in the Advanced Science Research Program and Mindfulness Program at Lynbrook High School. I am developing a research project on the effectiveness of MBSR on adults currently suffering from Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Clinical Depression. I am looking for some professional guidance to help advance my project. In general, I could use some help finding current research on the topic. In particular, I need some advice on choosing/developing an appropriate assay and collecting data for my project. Help in any of these areas is much appreciated, thank you! You can email me at acohen4@lynbrook.k12.ny.us

Hi, Deborah. If your student does a Google Scholar search on mindfulness and depression, they should get an extensive listing for MBCT in particular. You can also direct them to David Black’s American Mindfulness Research Association (AMRA) site. Good luck!