Robert Masters on Spiritual Bypassing: When Spirituality Disconnects Us from What Really Matters

Dear MBSR Community,

I will be interviewing the author of Spiritual Bypassing: When Spirituality Disconnects Us from What Really Matters, Robert Augustus Masters this Thursday live at 2 pm Pacific on Revolutionary Wellness Talk Radio. Considering that I have my own personal experience with the practice of spiritual bypassing I have lots of questions for Robert but I would love to integrate any thoughts or questions that you may have about spiritual bypassing into this conversation.

Here is the episode description:

If you have been on a healing journey it is very likely that you have participated in spiritual bypassing which is the use of spiritual practices and beliefs to avoid dealing with feelings, unresolved wounds, and developmental needs. For those whose longing to be truly free is becoming stronger than the desire to distract ourselves from suffering this is the episode for you. Join us for this conversation on the healing power of emotional intimacy, learning to recognize and transform the obstacles that keep us from living life fully, and developing clarity for keeping it real in these challenging times. You can find out more at www.robertmasters.com

Thank you so much!

1 Like

This topic is of great interest to me. How do we not use spiritual teaching/ learning / a natural desire as a crutch or avoid emotional reality? How can we recognise our shadow as a defence mechanism and transform it to understanding and love and to take true refuge?? Every one says ego …yes but when is it safe to take responsibility and not be responsible?? To know we are not the doer yet having to take corrective action to build a foundation or recognise the foundation and not hide behind spiritual bypass?
Also how and where do I hear this interview?

1 Like

I apologize for my delay in posting the link.

Here is the link to the interview.

Kind regards,
Rochelle