Silent MBSR Retreats - valid location?

Hello!
I am looking into some of the requirements for the MBSR Teacher Training and found a retreat that looks very interesting with Jon Kabat-Zinn as the teacher, for a 5-day retreat September 2017.
However, when I looked on the MBSR retreats link, this particular retreat in Rhinebeck, NY is not listed as a “silent retreat center” on the UMASS page http://www.umassmed.edu/cfm/training/retreats/ , but there is another retreat from OMEGA institute that is:
Does a retreat specifically have to be listed on this link to qualify as a 5 -7 day valid/ meet the requirements of a 5-Day (or longer) silent retreat?
This John Kabat-Zinn one does not specifically list how much silent meditation is included, but I am assuming that will be a good amount and it lists “In this 5-day retreat led by Jon Kabat-Zinn—internationally known for his work in bringing mindfulness practices into the mainstream of medicine and society—we engage in a range of practices to cultivate greater mindfulness and heartfulness. …During the program, we engage in periods of formal meditation practice interspersed with group dialogue and informal talks by Kabat-Zinn”

Hi Monet,

Looking into this took a bit of time, so sorry for that. What I found out is that the program you mentioned, with Jon Kabat Zinn at Omega, is not a fully silent retreat, so it doesn’t qualify for the silent retreat requirement for Oasis, though I am sure it is still a wonderful program.

To see retreats that do qualify for the Oasis requirement, go here.

You will see there are quite a few, at a variety of locations, including one at Omega, which is a fully silent retreat.

Best wishes,
Eowyn