Summer Vacation

Greetings, Blog Readers,

We appreciate the opportunity to connect with you through this blog. Meeting ourselves and you through this forum offers us a way to be in dialogue with what’s stirring inside and out. It’s a real practice to share our personal musings about what dazzles and delights us—as well as what frightens and annoys us—and see how those musings inspire, touch, challenge, ignite, or bring a pause or wonder to you, our readers.

Thank you for your engagement with us, both in reading and responding. It’s rich to feel connection, around the planet, to whatever is moving in our hearts and minds—and to feel the thrum of “Me, too,” or “And also,” or “Yes, but…” in your thoughtful responses. In this way—just as when we meet to practice together in class—we are reflections for each other, mirroring all the ways we think and know, feel and love, laugh and cry: both differently and also similarly. What a powerful support for learning and living more fully into our shared humanness.

Thanks also to the community of teachers who have taken time to write and share blog posts. The scene here is much richer for the array of voices, and collaborating in this way is also fun and full of learning for us as colleagues and fellow mindfulness practitioners.

And now, we’re going to take a summer pause, perhaps because summer is the season for holidays, beaches, and unscheduled time, or maybe just because it feels helpful to pause. We intend to resume this weekly blog come September. In the meantime, we wish you fruitful practice, and a fresh commitment to caring for yourself, those you love, and this dazzling world.

Warm regards,
Éowyn Ahlstrom & Lynn Koerbel

6 Likes

Dear Éowyn,
Thank you for your final blog before the summer - and thank you to all the CFM team who have contributed so generously to this wonderful blog resource so far this year! Each time I connect I feel nourished and reconnected to the wider circle of those seeking to live mindfully, wakefully the way I do…so thank you all! May there be times in the summer ahead to be idle and blessed and stroll through fields, as Mary Oliver does in The Summer Day!
Warm wishes from Ireland
Fionnuala🙏

1 Like

I send more wises from Ireland and appreciation for the rich connection with you all. There is a vast ocean between us here and you there at CFM, but our hearts know no distance. Enjoy the summer days, rest in the sunshine and joy of being alive.

1 Like