Transcripts for 8-week online course video and audio

Hi,
I just completed MBSR 8-week Online Course by Florence and Saki. It was really enlightening, and helped me release stress and sleep well at night.
But as English is not my first language, I could not understand what was said in some parts of the video, especially Saki’s part. Is it possible to get transcripts of all the videos?
regards,
Shigeki

Hi, Shigeki. I’m sorry, we don’t have transcripts available for either the audio or video programs. If you tell me what the time is on the video where you’re having trouble understanding, I’ll listen and write down a few sentences for you.

Hi Ted,
Thanks. Let me check the time of the video and get back to you.
regards,
Shigeki

Hi Ted,
Here is some of the parts that I could’t understand from downloaded file “MBSR-Session01-01-audio”. I appreciate your help.
regards,
Shigeki
++++

File: MBSR-Session01-01-audio

1. Time 5’50 (5 minutes 50 seconds)
    "The fact of matter is that, we human beings are treasures, that we hardly began to explore."
    Did he say “treasures” or “treasure us”?

2. 7’55
    "And really allowing this question to xxxx that your ears and drop more deeply into the moment…"
    I coudn’t hear xxx part and couldn’t see the meaning.

3. 10’29
    "And to allow they answer to be reflecsive…"
    What does it mean “reflecsive”?

4. 11’49
    "Because we confused as I am in longing, in some way, that I also often for something we own have. But ultimately we can only long for something we already."
    I couldn’t hear this part well, and can’t see what it means.

Hi, Shigeki. Here is what I heard on the recording, and I hope this helps you!

1. Time 5’50
    "The fact of matter is that, we human beings are treasures, that we hardly began to explore."
    Did he say “treasures” or “treasure us”?

“…we human beings are a treasure house, that we’ve hardly begun to explore.”

1. Time 7’55
    "And really allowing this question to xxxx that your ears and drop more deeply into the moment…"

“And really allowing this question to arrive at your ears and drop more deeply into the moment…”

1. Time 10’29
    "And to allow they answer to be reflecsive…" What does it mean “reflecsive”?

“Reflexive” here means that is it simply received automatically, you do not have to reach for and grasp an answer, but just allow it to arise on its own. Like a reflex, you don’t have to think about it, it just happens.

1. Time 11’49
    "Because we confused as I am in longing, in some way, that I also often for something we own have. But ultimately we can only long for something we already." I couldn’t hear this part well, and can’t see what it means.

Yes, this can be a difficult concept. Saki is speaking about two different things that are often mistaken for each other. Desire is one, Longing is another. Desire is about something you do not have, like a new car or delicious meal, but longing is for something we already “know”, something familiar, something for which we have a faint memory. And the program is, at least in part, about exploring what that might be for you.

Hi Ted,
Your answers are extremely helpful. Thanks so much. For the last question in my previous email, the time is actually 11’14, not 11’45. But from your answer I guessed what he said was as follows?

“Because we confused it as I am longing, in some way, desire is often for something we all have. But ultimately we can only long for something we already. No. We have some nostalgic some faint remembrance. And so we find ourselves drawn.”

And I wonder if I can ask those questions for other audio files too.

regards,
Shigeki