Join us on Saturday June 2nd, 2018 from 1:00-4:00PM at The HeartWell Institute (1015 Pleasant Street, Worcester, MA).
Trauma Sensitive Yoga, TCTSY, (as developed at the Trauma Center in Brookline, MA) is an empirically supported, adjunctive treatment for developmental and complex trauma that focuses on giving clients an opportunity to practice noticing body sensations in the context of a safe relationship based on an invitational approach to yoga forms with no physical assists. TCTSY emphasizes body-based yoga forms and breathing practices.
This 3-hour workshop is intended for licensed therapists and social workers, yoga teachers, somatic therapists. Instructor David Schouela will deliver the workshop in a lecture format with some optional chair based yoga and time for Q & A. Social Work CEUs for this program are pending approval.
At the end of this event, participants will be able to:
- Describe the theoretical underpinnings of Trauma Center Trauma Sensitive Yoga (TCTSY)
- Understand the treatment methodology
- Explain how TCTSY differs from other forms of yoga
- Describe how TCTSY has been successfully applied in various treatment settings
- Learn about the research findings.
$30 pre-registered, $35 at the door. For more information and to register: