Welcome from the Moderator

Hi Annie,

Yes, Spirit Rock retreats, as longs as they are five days or more and silent, will qualify.

I have enjoyed training with the CFM very much. I would say our great strength is the quality of the programs we offer, together with our deep dedication to living mindfulness practice. Our challenge arises in meeting the high level of interest in our programs, which sometimes results in slowness on our part (as the lag between your message and this reply!) We are working on improving in this area.

I was already teaching meditation and yoga before I trained with the CFM, so for me it wasn’t a matter of beginning to teach, but beginning to teach MBSR. It was a couple of years, if memory serves, from when I took the Practicum to when I first lead an 8 week course.

Hope this is helpful!
Eowyn

okay great. thanks for your reply! i’m looking forward to this journey!

Hi. I am interested in doing the 9 day practicuum. I see that the 5 day mindfulness tools is being offered at Omega (NY) in July. Do I register through Omega for the 5 days, and send an application to CFM to do the remaining 4 days?
Thanks!
Leah

Once the details of the program are listed on the CFM website, you’ll be able to access the application from there.

This topic is now a banner. It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user.

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.

Hi!

You didn’t list the 7-day mind-body course. Isn’t that also a prerequisite for teaching MBSR?

Rafael

Hi Rafael,

I’m not sure what you mean when you say we “didn’t list” the Mind Body
Medicine course. Can you be more specific? Meanwhile, I can say that the
Mind Body Medicine course is part of the training pathway, yes.

Thanks!
Eowyn

Hi!

On August 15. Jennie asked you about the pathways, and you listed 4 things, without the MB Medicine course.

On the website, it looks like the MB Medicine course has to be taken before the TDI and before permission to teach MBSR.

Am I mistaken?

Rafael

Hi Rafael,

Thanks for clarifying - now I understand your question more clearly, and see that it arises in part from the distinction between requirements to begin teaching 8-week MBSR courses, and requirements for certification.

The Mind Body Medicine course is required for becoming a certified MBSR teacher. In the past, we have allowed some flexibility in when trainees took that course, because scheduling has been challenging. However, we have recognized that the Mind Body Medicine course belongs in the order you mentioned, so for those beginning their training process currently, like yourself, we place it before the Teacher Development Intensive. What you understood from the website is correct.

Kind regards,
Eowyn

Thanks,

Now I also understand what happenned: I wanted to take the TDI last year,
but by the time I got around to signing up, that change was made, and I had
to wait till this years Mt Maddona and only afterwards the TDI.

I thought that I just hadn’t seen things right, and now from your email I
realize that there was a change.

Thanks for clarifying up something that was “itching” me for this whole
year.

Regards

Rafael

You are most welcome!

Hi Ewoyn,
I appreciate your kind embrace for Oasis this year. My name is Cawood Fitzhugh and I am involved at the University of Virginia Mindfulness Center teaching with Dr. John Schorling. Greetings from Virginia!

I am writing to follow up that my application for TDI was received in it’s entirety? I have approval from the department of Family Medicine to attend, if accepted. i sent my application in when the site first opened but did have a few challenges with the website at that time. I received confirmation when I sent in the application fee, so trust it all worked correctly.
I also wanted to ask, if accepted, do you know of shuttles from Logan to Worcester and if I can help donate my time to help compile a list of resources for participants for transportation to and from airport? Or has flying to Worcester worked well? Transportation to and from airports seem to have been challenging in the past. Providing simple coordination of resources is something that I am willing to donate to unload the administrators, if needed. Looking forward to meeting you, Cawood Fitzhugh

Good morning and happy May Day!
I am a mental health practitioner in a supportive apartment program. I am interested in stress reduction for myself and my clients.
I suffer from depression, anxiety, and rheumatoid arthritis. My clients all suffer from severe and persistent mental illnesses.
I have not studied mbsr but am interested in starting. That is why I am here.
Peace and low stress.
mdmc

Welcome, Michael. And best wishes in your journey here. Kindly, Eowyn

Thank you Eowyn.
Yesterday I started the 8 week online course.
Moving right along!

Question (not sure where to write this): I see that you now have a new on-line train the trainer series. Several of us have been asking for the past year for CFM to post certified teacher names on your website, and it still has not happened. We put a great deal of time and money into being certified, and I am wondering why this small service cannot be provided. I was told it would be posted this spring, but either it has not, or I cannot find it. Could you reply? Thank you. Gill Hamilton

Hi Gill, Thanks for your inquiry. We are working on it and it’s expected
to be up and running by the fall. Kindly, Eowyn

Hi, Gill. Actually I had a conversation about this very topic at the end of yesterday, and have accountability for getting the registry published. More to come, but this is a priority!

Hello - you’ll notice that the last line of Saki’s email indicates we will have that registry by the fall.