Room Share for PTI at Shrewsbury, MA. April 5-13, 2019

Hi, I am seeking a room share for the PTI at Shrewsbury, MA April 5-13, 2019. The listed cost is $1,120 although I have not researched other options I would like to cut this cost. Anyone interested please contact me at lafeminas@yahoo.com. I am driving up from NYC area if anyone would like to share the ride too.

Sal

I am also looking for someone to share room with. I am coming from Pittsburgh PA. I am an asian female.

Hi Kyoko, my name is Sal. I am looking to share the expenses of a room. I have not booked the hotel yet but plan to do so by the end of this week. I’m not particular about a male of female roommate and can respect a persons privacy. I’m neat and organized and can cook. If you would consider rooming together you can call me at (518) 365-6211

Regards,

S

I was in last year’s PTI, and there are several Airbnb’s near the CFM (the one I stated at was within walking distance*) that are a fraction of the cost of the recommended hotel (maybe 1/3 of the cost?). I just thought I would throw this option out for you!

*however, the one I stayed at did not allow room sharing, which bummed me out because I would have loved to have shared the space with another PTI participant. So that’s something to keep in mind while you’re searching, too. Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you Lori, that information is helpful. Ill look into Airbnb’s. That’s a great idea.

Sal

1 Like

Thank you for this info!

1 Like

Hi, Sal.

Thank you for contacting me. I think I’m going too look for airbnb as someone suggested. I appreciate your consideration!

Thank you so much for that suggestions Lori! I too am looking to roomshare and totally open to Airbnb. I have not booked anything and am traveling from WI.

1 Like

Yes, Airbnb is a great idea. I’m glad Lori shared this information with us. Although there is something about being in the same hotel with the other participants that has a sense of community. However, at the moment cost rules.

S

1 Like

I just booked with airbnb for less than $400 for the entire stay. Thank you so this suggesiton.

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion Lori, I was able to book a private room for a fraction of the hotel cost. Thanks again.

S

1 Like

Hello, I’m Roxanne, coming from Hong Kong. Thanks so much Lori for your suggestion! I’ve been trying to look for options that are within walking distance from CFM (as I won’t drive). I’m open to room sharing and Airbnb.

1 Like

Hello,
I am also looking at Airbnb’s and I was going to rent a room in someone’s home, but there are houses that sleep larger amounts of people. I am just exploring this now, but would definitely go in on something.

I am coming from CT, I found a few homes around $30 a night but they are also renting additional rooms in home. It would be nice to commute and see a friendly face when in a new environment.
Definitely hit me up if you want to go in on something.

1 Like

Hi, I’m just looking into accommodation as well & like the airbnb idea. My concern is getting to & from cfm as I won’t have a car. Is there some kind of transportation being provided between the recommended hotel & the training site? Or are people mostly driving?

thanks,
Betsy

I booked a room with airbnb and the house I will be in have another room to rent. If you rent the room there, I have a car to travel back and forth with shared gas…

1 Like

To all, I booked a room at an airbnb for just over $300. there are other rooms available. I drive and will be willing to take a passenger or two as long as we arrive on time.

Sal

Hi! I’m Maite, coming from Argentina. I booked a room last night but I’m afraid I can not afford that expense.
Sal, could you send me the link or data for the airbnb room that you mention?
Or would anyone like to share with me a room for 3 in the Residence Inn?
:)
Thanks,
May

Maite, the Airbnb I booked is at 40 Hollywood St. Worcester MA. I don’t know if there are rooms available so you would have to look it up through Airbnb. I can offer you transportation to the training if you are able to get a room there. Please let me know in advance so I can plan ahead.

Regards,

Sal

1 Like

Hi Sal,

I am also based in NYC and would be happy to share ride.
Kindly appreciate your attention.
Diego
+1 305 742 1295

Yes, Sal, that is definitely a drawback (not having the camaraderie of those staying at the hotel)… and the cost (for me) ended up being the deciding factor (sounds like that was the case for you as well!). Plus participants from our PTI class last year went out to dinner a couple of times during the week with a variety of people each time, so I did have that. It’s a very long day, so most of the time I went home and went to SLEEP at the end of the day! It’s a very fulfilling - and EXHAUSTING! - 9 days (especially since I couldn’t fully disconnect from an online course I was teaching at the time… trying to be present in both places is kinda ironic, isn’t it?!!)!!