Winter 2018 - Margaret Fletcher's MBSR Online Wed Evening Class Community

Hi Everyone,
Per discussion in our final winter 2018 online MBSR class, I’m setting up this corner in the Living Room for classmates to correspond, share your practice updates, questions, find practice buddies, and stay connected! Let’s see if this works!? Also if other graduates of the online MBSR course want to connect here, feel free to stop by!

Warmest Regards,
Mathew

4 Likes

Well that was fast Mathew! I was just going to start one! Thank you!

1 Like

http://www.awakin.org/

I wanted to leave this website for Jonathan. He read the haiku by Basho which expresses Joy in the world, and this website is a wonderful place to gather readings, writing and contentedness, when you need a break from studying from medical school.
Thank you for your open heart and mind.

Gratitude and Grace,
Annette

1 Like

Thanks for setting this up! And so fast! This will be a great place to stay connected and share experiences.

As we gather here, we can see if there’s interest in a video call, maybe once per month, or week, or quarter… Whatever makes sense. A thought is we could meet for an hour, with 30 minutes of formal practice and 30 minutes of sharing thoughts and experiences. If someone has access to zoom, that’s great. Or, it looks like Skype is free for up to 25 users at a time.

Definitely open to other ideas or variations to this idea. It was a fantastic group in the class and it would be great to stay connected and as well as encourage the momentum.

Thanks!

1 Like

So glad to see the ongoing connection. Love to you all!

2 Likes

What are the dates and am I able to register? Thank you Patricia

1 Like

Hello old friends! My mind continues to drift to our brief time together.
I dare say I miss your faces, and wonder how your feeling, and if, like me, there are moments when your sitting quietly eating a raisin and smile!
I hope we chat soon either here, or via zoom.
The flowers are blooming in New England, and my heart opens with each blossom I notice!
Gratitude to you Margaret and friends whose lessons linger and have opened my heart.
Xoxo

Annette - Definitely agree! I put out one idea for reconnecting, but no expressed interest nor response … yet. Maybe your note will get folks interested! Open to new ideas.

Very grateful to Margaret and our on-line winter MBSR class. An amazing group!

1 Like

Hi all,

If you make this an open meditation group for all MBSR graduates, maybe you will also get a response from others who are looking for something like this. :)

I did my MBSR course from CFM, Shrewsbury, MA in 2016. I actually enrolled in Margaret Fletcher’s class, but due to some scheduling conflict, she couldn’t make it, and our group was taught by Melissa - who did a great job teaching us, BTW. I have been in touch with my classmates (a few of them are now MBSR teachers!), and a small group meets every Tuesday morning via WebEx, hosted by me, online for 45 minutes. So I know this is a great way to continue our practice. I highly recommend such an online sangha, it’s been very beneficial for me.

I also attend a bi-monthly Practice Circle online on Zoom, and you will see a few MBSR graduates/teachers there along with folks from different parts of the world, check it out and see. https://presentmomentmindfulness.com/practice-circle/. It’s free and open to all.

Good luck.

Thanks!
Khare

3 Likes

Greetings Khar,
Thank you for sharing your exerience about connecting with past MBSR classmates and offering up the ways and benefits of doing so! I often feel the experience was an awakening that keep me tethered to classmates and Margaret and also a bit removed from myself and my experiences such that I often wonder if others are experiencing life this way!
I will explore the link!
gratitude,
Annette

If anyone is interested in joining our weekly online meditation circle on Tuesdays 8:15 to 9 AM EST, please send me a private message.

Thanks,
Khare

I participated in a couple of Khare’s meditation sessions. It’s a small group of very welcoming people. If you’re on the fence about it, I encourage you to try it out!

Also, it’s peer led. On most days Khare leads it. But if you’ve wanted to try your hand in leading, either because you’re on the MBSR teacher pathway or just for fun, you’re welcome to give it a go. No pressure if you don’t want to.

Lastly, while I think the video + audio is preferred, you can do audio only if that’s better for you. (But still NO driving while meditating!)

1 Like