Ride Share for the March Petaluma PTI: San Francisco Airport to and from Petaluma

Hello All,

Is anyone interested in sharing a car or van rental to and from the San Francisco Airport and Petaluma? I’m happy to make the arrangements.

Looking forward to meeting you in March!!

Warmly,
Erin

Hi Erin,

I would love to join a car pool from the airport to Petaluma! When are you planning to leave the airport - I can book my flight accordingly.

Best,
Shelly

Hi Erin, I’d love to do this. I haven’t booked my flights yet, I’ll be flying to/from NYC.

Hello Erin, I will also be interested in a ride share from San Francisco to Petaluma on the 3rd. It takes 90 minutes or so. So can we leave around 2 pm to get there before 4 pm? Thank you for organizing this.

I am also interested in ride share on the 11th but I am flying back from San Jose airport.

Mamata
misramamata@gmail.com

Hello, I would be very interested in this rideshare as well! I haven’t made my flight reservations yet but plan on arriving the morning of the 3rd and leaving the evening of the 11th allow plenty of time for travel.

My email address is:
rachelr@dbhutah.org.

Thank you!

Hello Shelly, Gretchen, Mamata, and Rachel,

I’m glad that you are interested in sharing a car or van!

I looked into the two shuttle services recommended by EarthRise. SuperShuttle quoted $170 for the round trip. This does not include gratuity. Western Eagle wouldn’t provide a quote without giving them my credit card info. I don’t want to give my credit card info just to get quote. A car rental for the week is similarly priced. Note that until I’ve made a reservation, I think these numbers will keep changing.

I don’t know what traffic is like in this part of CA, but we will be going through San Francisco. So I’m thinking we should leave more than a half hour of wiggle room. What time do you think we should agree to arrive at SFO by? I’m thinking noon to allow for inevitable delays with each of flying in from different places. What do you think?

In terms of departure time, we might wind up needing two separate vans. I made my plane reservations when I was accepted a month ago. Unfortunately at that time the start and end times were not yet available. My flight leaves at 4 pm. I’m thinking I will need to leave by noon or 1 pm.

I can get one van for me and anyone else who is planning to leave a little early and another for 2 pm when it ends. We could split the cost accordingly. (ie. if I am the only one who leaves early, I would pay for my van. The rest of you could split the cost of the second van.) Mamata, we might need a third van to get you to the San Jose airport.

How does this all sound to you? What are your thoughts?

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Warmly,
Erin

Erin & all,

Thank you so much for all of the research you’ve done to make this possible!

In my past experiencing traveling from SFO to the area around Petaluma, we’ve needed a lot of time (at least 2 hours) due to all of the traffic. I’ve traveled to this area twice for my silent retreats. I think arriving at SFO by noon sounds very good.

Thank you again!

Rachel

Hi Erin
Thank you for making the travel arrangements. I am flying to SFO airport on 2nd Feb to avoid any unforeseen delays. I can come to the airport on 3rd to share the ride. I am flying back on 13th so I can come back any time the ride is available. I would love to share the ride if you have spot available.
Please let me know.

Rosy

Hi Erin! I will be at SFO before noon on March 3. I am going back late on the 11th so would be on a later van if two are scheduled.
I have used SuperShuttle many times from SFO, and it’s been good.
Let me know anything I can do to help! My email gretchenvan at gmail dot com

Thanks for the information about the drive time Rachel.

Yes, of course we can include you, Rosy.

Gretchen, I think a 12:15 flight should be fine. I suppose it raises a question that we should consider. What if someone’s flight is delayed and is going to be quite late? Any ideas?

Thanks for the offer to help out. It seems simple enough to arrange, though I will hold off until closer to the time.

Erin

Erin,
Hi… if you look in the message list, you’ll see that I also have started this process, of arranging a van with pure luxury transportation, from SFO to Petaluma. I have about six people interested. This is what their rep told me"We have a 12 Passenger Executive Van ($330 All-Inclusive) that can accommodate up to 9 guests with luggage, then we have a 19 Passenger Shuttle ($463 All-Inclusive) that can accommodate up to 16 guests with luggage." Perhaps if we joined forces, we could get the 16 passenger ride, that would get everyone the cheapest possible… or I am of course open to joining what you are planning if that makes things go better, whichever…

whaddaya think?
thanks,
Eric Belsey

Hello Eric,

Thanks for writing! I did see your post but it looked like we were going to two different trainings. I am organizing rides to and from the Practice Teaching Intensive at Earthrise March 3 through March 11. Are you going to this training? If so, let’s definitely combine efforts.

I’ve only looked into pricing online so far. I am curious which company have you made arrangements with.

Warmly,
Erin

Ha! That explains it! I wondered what “PTI” meant… no, I am still in the earlier stages… thanks for the reply…

Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 4:30 AM

To: weatherconcert@gardener.com

Subject: [cfmHOME] [OASIS Institute/OASIS training and certification] Ride Share for the March Petaluma PTI: San Francisco Airport to and from Petaluma erinwoo

January 12

Hello Eric,

Thanks for writing! I did see your post but it looked like we were going to two different trainings. I am organizing rides to and from the Practice Teaching Intensive at Earthrise March 3 through March 11. Are you going to this training? If so, let's definitely combine efforts.

I've only looked into pricing online so far. I am curious which company have you made arrangements with.

Warmly,

Erin</p>

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

egbelseyEric Belsey

January 12Erin, Hi… if you look in the message list, you’ll see that I also have started this process, of arranging a van with pure luxury transportation, from SFO to Petaluma. I have about six people interested. This is what their rep told me"We have a 12 Passenger Executive Van ($330 All-Inclusive) that c…

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Hello Erin and thanks so much for taking the lead on this. I’m interested in joining the ride share, both ways. On the 3rd, I can be at SFO at the time the group decides since I arrive 2 days before and on the 11th, I can leave late since I fly back to Puerto Rico on the 12th. Let me know if I can join you! With gratitude, Mimi

Dear Erin,

Thank you for organizing all this. Right now it looks like I may not need to share the van going in as I will be getting there 3 days early and two people have offered to take me to Petaluma from San Jose on the 3rd.

But I will need a ride from Petaluma to San Jose on the 11th, probably starting around noon. My past experience shows that for return it is easier to organize after getting there as the class organizers usually have sign up sheets there for different departures times and airports and help with shuttle arrangements. Also, SFO airport is on the way to the SJC airport, so it is possible to share the same van to both these airports if I am the only one going to San Jose. So unless roundtrip is significantly cheaper, it may be better to book only one way.

Mamata

Happy to include you Mimi.

Thank you for the additional info Mamata. I will keep in mind the one way possibility when I call to make arrangements.

Erin

Thank you Erin and If you need help with the arrangements, just let me know and I will gladly assist. May you have a nice weekend, Mimi

Dear Erin, I see you have many replies to this request and maybe you are already organized. If so, I’ll start fresh! I am arriving at SFO at about 10:30 AM on Friday, March 3, and would love to share a ride as well. Are you “full up”?
Thanks!
Ellen

We have room, Ellen! I haven’t rented a van yet. I’ll do so in a few weeks based on how many people have expressed interest. I’ll be in touch then.

Erin

Great, thank you! I chose to arrive early to heave time to settle in.
Keep me posted, I really appreciate it!
Ellen