Ride Share for the March Petaluma PTI: San Francisco Airport to and from Petaluma

Great Ellie! I’ve got you down for van 2 on 3/3 and van 1 on 3/11.

I’ll email more details closer to the time. Would you please email at
erinwoo@gmail.com so that I can add you to my email list?

Thanks!
Erin

Emailed you re: Van 1 on first day and Van 2 on last day – thanks so much for doing this!!!

Here is another option that may be cheaper: http://airportexpressinc.com/schedule.php#from-sfo

I took this when I went to the Practicum training in Petaluma several years ago. You can see that it leaves the San Francisco Airport on a regular schedule. You take it to the fairgrounds in Sonoma County and then take a taxi from there to Earthrise. The bus was only 30 or 35 dollars. There were a number of us that were on the bus at the same time and we split the cost of the taxi. This is what plan to do again.

Paula

Thank you for this information, Paula! If we had less people, this option
would probably be less expensive, but with as many as we have, I think the
shuttle will be cheaper and avoids the need of the taxi. According to the
website you sent the bus is $34 one way. The shuttle will probably be about
$30.

That said, if anyone prefers taking the bus, feel free to change your
plans. It’s also good to know about because I was concerned about what
would happen if someone’s flight was really late. Now we have a back up
option!

Thank you!
Erin

Hello Erin,

Thank you so much for arranging the buses.
Are there seats still available?

Three of us would like to take Van #2 to Sunrise

Tazuko Shibusawa
Yosuke Hasegawa
Yinhsu Liu

Dear Erin,

thank you so much for organizing this!!
I finally arranged my flights and would join the Van 2 (1-1.30pm) on the 3/3.

I do not need a ride on the 11th.

All the best,
Shelly

Tazuko I’ve got you and your two friends on Van 2 on 3/3. Do you need a ride back to the airport on 3/11?

Shelly, I also have you on van 2 on 3/3.

Will you both please email me so that I can add you to my list. Also Tazuko please ask your friends to email me as well. erinwoo@gmail.com

All, at this point, van 2 on 3/3 is just about full. I will continue to take names and one of two things will happen. Either van 1 will leave later so that more people can take it, or if we a lot of people, we can get a third van. We’ll see what happens.

Erin

1 Like

Hi Erin,

Thank you so much. I sent you an email and cc’d Yosuke and Yinhsu.

Best,

Tazuko

Hi Erin, thanks for doing all this. I am still interested in ride sharing on 3/11.

Is anyone interested in ride sharing from Petaluma to San Jose airport on 3/11? My flight leaves San Jose airport at 4:15 pm. If I take van 1 leaving at 12:40 to SFO and then take a shuttle from FSO to SJC, can I get there by 2:45 pm?

Is anyone interested in leaving a little earlier, around noon?

Mamata (misramamata@gmail.com)

Mamata, I don’t think it’s possible to get to the San Jose airport by 2:45 if you were took the 12:40 shuttle to SFO on 3/11. Paula posted above about a bus that might be a better option for you. I’ve recopied her post here…

I hope this winds up working for you!

Warmly,
Erin

Dear Erin, thank you so much. I will see what I can do. Looking forward to
meeting you.
Mamata

Erin,
I get in at 12:40 on Friday March 3rd. Is there room on Van #2 ?
I do not need a return as I depart on the 12th.
I will also email you my email.
Janet

An update…

Well this is turning into a lot more than I expected! Right now with everyone who has posted here or emailed, we have 18 people from SFO to Petaluma. I’ve been trying to keep track of everything, but there is room for error. Let me know if I’ve made a mistake. Below is the list I have so far. Many of you have emailed me with your van preferences. Some of you posted in this forum with flight info, but haven’t emailed me yet. Based on this info, I tentatively placed you in a van that seemed to work with your flight. Please email me at erinwoo@gmail.com to confirm which vans work for you.

It looks like the two nine person vans on 3/3 are filled, but there is still room on the return trip. I have started a wait list and will add people to it. If we get enough we can hire a third shuttle.

For those with question marks in front of your name (Mimi Ruiz, Ellen Buchman, Ross Gray, Jessica O’Neill (Ellie), please email me by 2/12 so that I can finalize our arrangements. If I haven’t heard from you by then I will assume that you have made other arrangements. I will open up seats to anyone who is still looking.

Not to worry if you don’t get on the shuttle. Paula has posted in this thread with info for taking a bus.

March 3

Van 1 noon
Erin Woo
Gretchen VanEsselstyn
Ed Lankas
Patty Wilson
Rachel Reist
? Mimi Ruiz
? Ellen Buchman
? Ross Gray
? Jessica O’Neill (Ellie)

Van 2 1 -1:30 pm
Tori Heinitz-Frye
Jacquelyn Harvey
Ellie Schellinger (early flight)
Bjorn Sorenson
Tazuko Shibusawa
Yosuke Hasegawa
Yinhsu Liu (early flight)
Shelly Latte-Naor
Susan Miles

Waitlist for Van 2 on 3/3
Janet Dietrich

March 11

Van 1 12:40 pm
Erin Woo
Ellie Schellinger
Rachel Reist
? Yinhsu Liu
? Ross Gray
? Jessica O’Neill

Van 2 2:15 pm
Tori Heinitz-Frye
Bjorn Sorenson – going to SF
Gretchen VanEsselstyn
Ed Lankas
Patty Wilson
? Mimi Ruiz
? Susan Miles
? Ellen Buchman

Janet, I’m afraid van 2 is filled on 3/3. I am keeping a waitlist and will let you know if a spot opens up. Also given the response so far, it is possible that more people will be looking for a van. If there are enough, we can get a third van.

I’ll keep you posted.

Hi Erin
This looks great. I did hear fron Jessica Oneill, and she will not need the van.

Do you know where we will be meeting for the ride?

Thnaks for all your work on this
Ellie

Hello dear PTI friends, just to let you know that I’ll be in Petaluma on march 3rd (arriving from Canada march 2nd). Since I’m renting a car, I’ll be happy to give rides from the Petaluma fairground to ions for those of you who will take the bus (so that you don’t need to take the cab). Just get in touch with me either via email Stephane.rivest@usherbrooke.ca or text me at (819) 347-9573 …looking forward to meet you guys !

Stephane

Thanks for the update, Ellie on your friend Jessica. I’ll send out details about meeting via email closer to the time.

Stephane, thank you for your offer to a car ride for those who will be taking the bus!!

Erin

Hello Erin and my apologies for the late reply. You may eliminate both question marks next to my name; both vans assigned work well for me. What a great job you’ve done and I appreciate the time invested in this coordination. I’ll stay tuned for the next steps.

With gratitude,

Mimi

Hi Mimi-
We were roomies at Mt Madonna. Looking forward to seeing you in Petaluma!
Ellie Schellinger

Hello Erin -
Thanks for all the co-ordination! I’m a little late to this conversation :)
I’d also like to get on the waitlist for Van#2 on the 3rd (if you are still taking names!)
If there is room for any of the 11th ride, I’d love to be on the list/wait list also.

See you all soon!
Helena